Terms and Conditions - Room Hire
The small print about the hire and use of our teaching and training rooms
IT Services is part of the University of Oxford. The Thames Suite comprises eight IT teaching and training rooms which are available for hire by University departments and external organisations. There are conditions of use which these standard terms and conditions set out.
All bookings made by persons in respect of rooms at IT Services are accepted subject to the following terms and conditions, which shall form the contract between IT Services and the hirer.
Use of any room is by permission of IT Services who reserve the right to refuse any booking or admission at their discretion.
In the event of the refusal to comply with these conditions or any reasonable instructions given by IT Services, the hirer and any persons attending the events may be excluded from the premises. The hirer will remain liable in respect of the hire charges as herein contained.
The hirer is in breach of this contract if:
- The hirer fails to pay to IT Services any sum of money payable to IT Services on the due date.
- The function is presented or conducted by the hirer other than in accordance with the event content notified to IT Services at the time of the booking and approved by the Learning and Events Office.
IT Services reserves the right to amend or vary these conditions or impose additional conditions without notice.
In these terms and conditions:
- “IT Services” means Oxford University IT Services.
- “Room” refers to one of the rooms of the Thames Suite, comprised of the following rooms: Cherwell, Evenlode, Kennet, Isis, Ray, Ock, Windrush and Wye.
- “Learning Events Office ” means the Learning and Events Office in the IT Learning Centre at IT Services, Banbury Road.
- “Client” means the person in contact with Learning and Events Office.
- “Hirer” means any person, persons or representative of the organisation named in a room booking invoiced by IT Services.
- “In writing” means by letter/email/fax.