Paying for a course
You pay online, in advance of a course
There is a charge for most IT Learning Centre classroom-based courses and workshops. Courses offered through Molly (LinkedIn Learning, IT Learning Portfolio) are free.
Payment for courses must normally be made at the time of booking via the online course booking system (CoSy).
The cost to you will depend on your university status as listed on your University Card. Students and postgraduates will usually receive a 50% discount on the advertised price. The discounted price will show during the payment process.
There is no charge for Bodleian Libraries courses.
You can pay for courses in the following ways. We do not accept cash payments.
How to pay
CoSy works like many other online shopping systems. Once you have added your course(s) to the shopping basket, the amount due will display and you will be asked to pay on the final shopping basket page. If you are paying by card, you will be sent to the WPM payment pathway to complete payment.
Note: If you are paying by card please pay at the time of booking. If you are paying by Purchase Order please add the PO number, or indicate that it will follow.
We accept: Mastercard, Visa, and Maestro. We do not take American Express.
Card payment for courses must normally be made at the time of booking via our online booking system which is integrated with WPM.
In exceptional circumstances (e.g. you have been offered a course place at very short) it is possible to make payment on the day using the card terminal at our Course Registration desk. You can choose between Chip and PIN (any amount) and contactless payment (if your card is enabled and up to a maximum of £30).
We can accept Purchase orders from Departments and Colleges in payment for your course. You can include multiple courses and several attendees on a single purchase order.
If you wish to pay by PO you must book your place using our online booking system. If you know the details you can add these at the time of booking in the Purchase Order box. Otherwise, please put "To follow" and send us the details as soon as you have them.
Please email us a copy of your College Purchase Order. If this is not possible we will need an email from a member of your bursary/accounts/finance team authorising the payment by invoice.
- Purchase orders should be made out to IT Services, Central Administration, 16 Wellington Square, Oxford, OX1 2HY.
- It is helpful if you include "ITLC Courses" in the details so that our Finance Team can easily pass your PO to us.
- Please list the details on the Purchase Order. For example:
- ITLC Courses – Documents: Managing your thesis 29 Nov, Jane Smith
- Presentations: Improving your presentations, 7 Nov, Jane Smith and Tom Brown
- Please let us know the number of your Purchase Order in advance by emailing email@example.com
- If you are an Administrator who has a number of staff attending courses please contact us to discuss the best way to make the payment by Purchase Order.
You can pay for a course by Journal/Internal transfer.
If you wish to pay by Journal/Internal transfer you must book your place using our online booking system. In the Purchase Order box please put "Journal details to follow" and send us the details once you have them.
Please email the information below to firstname.lastname@example.org
Journal payments will be initiated by IT Services on receipt of the information below. Please ensure that the journal is fully authorised prior to sending us details as the journal will be passed without seeking further approval. Details required are:
- Cost Centre
- Natural Account
- Activity code
We will also need the email address of a member of your Finance team to contact in case of queries.
For each journal payment we will need details of the courses and delegates and departments it covers, for example:
- ITLC Courses – Databases – Building a database 31 Oct, Jane Smith, Physics £30.00
- Digital media: Desktop publishing: Effective workflows, 8 Nov, Jane Smith and Tom Brown, Physics £60.00