Creating learning resources that are effective and engaging
Whether you’re looking to create new content or improve existing content, our dedicated instructional designers will work closely with you through each step of the process.
Our team is unmatched in their ability and dedication in creating resources which work, based on their experience in industry, public service organisations, education and, of course, on University projects.
When we begin a project, a design workshop will determine exactly what you want out of our partnership, formulating the right solution for your unique challenge and audience. We collaborate with your subject-matter experts, and distil your content into the best format for your learners so that the learning experience makes a real impact.
We are agile in our approach and give each project the individual attention it deserves. Whether it's courses, games, simulations, microlearning, or performance support, great instructional design is at the core of effective training. If you want your training to:
- Really engage your learners
- Quickly introduce new skills
- Decisively improve performance
then we are the people who can help.
You may think of it as 'writing a course', but instructional design addresses the complete workflow in the design, delivery and review of activities to make your users and teams as effective as possible.
So, what do we do:
- Consult with clients, team members and subject matter experts to determine training needs
- Create training materials using proven learning strategies to make learning 'sticky': efficient, appealing, and effective
- Create workshops, seminars, storyboards, instruction books, computer tutorials, and online courses
- Create absorbing courseware that adheres to sound instructional design principles
- Deliver engaging and professional, small group and classroom training
- Design effective blended training solutions which are job-based, learner-centered, organised, accurate, practical and sustainable
- Develop robust and sustainable blended training curricula
- Develop eLearning modules
- Facilitate classroom, virtual instructor-led, and train-the-trainer programs
- Share our skills with you to develop your own in-house trainers and training resources
Yes, we can create 'traditional' training courses and user guides, but we are also experienced in producing a full range of learning resources, some of which you may not even have considered!
- Training needs analyses
- Quick reference guides
- User guides
- Instructor led training courses, workshops and seminars
- Courseware for your own trainers
- Training curricula
- On-line learning
- Learning games and quizzes
- Videos and screencaptures
- Blended learning solutions that are tailored to your team's needs
- Training evaluations
Everything! From the training needs analysis through to the evaluation of the training, we have the expertise and background to solve all of your training needs.
The initial consultation is free. We will then work with you to decide the what, how and when of the project, agreeing a fully planned and costed solution.
If you have the time and resources within your own team, and you would prefer to create your own resources, then we can help individuals get up to speed with the tools they need.
We can advise on the best tools, and working one-to-one, or in small groups, we can share our expertise to get you up and running quickly.
We will be there throughout the project to act as mentors, provide additional guidance, review and test resources, and hand-hold you through to a successful outcome.