OUP booking form
IT Learning Centre courses for Oxford University Press staff
If you are a permanent member of Oxford University Press (OUP) staff, you are able to book on IT Learning Centre courses. The cost of the courses have to be met by your OUP department.
How to book
- View the list of our courses and identify the course(s) you are interested in.
- Complete the booking form that is at the bottom of this page.
- We will email you a full course description and details of dates and costs within two working days. If a course is full we can put you on a waiting list and email you if a place becomes available.
- You need to pay for the course(s) via the University's online store. We will let you know how to do that. Note: we can only accept payment by card.
- When we have received payment, we will send you an email confirming that you have a place on the course(s); IT Learning Centre courses are open to all members of the University, so places can go quickly. Submitting the booking request form does not guarantee you a place; please wait for this confirmation email.
How to cancel
Preparing for a course
Some of our courses require you to carry out a pre-course activity. These are usually viewing playlists in LinkedIn Learning (previously known as Lynda.com). OUP has its own licence for LinkedIn Learning - you should enquire locally how you access the platform.
Attending a course
Full details of the course will be sent to you:
- Unless otherwise stated, courses are held in The Thames Suite at Oxford University IT Services, 13 Banbury Rd, Oxford, OX2 6NN. We will let you know the specific room when you register on the day.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the advertised start time. This will ensure you have sufficient time to register and to take your place.
- Courses start promptly at the advertised time. You may not be able to join the course if you are more than 15 minutes late.
- If you are unable to stay for the duration of the course please discuss this with the teacher.
- Refreshments are not usually provided unless stated. There is a refreshment area close to the teaching rooms where there are vending machines for hot and cold drinks and snacks. Please note: no eating or drinking (other than water) is permitted in the rooms, but you may eat your own food in the refreshment area.
Please tell us at the time of booking if you have any accessibility requirements.
Record of Attendance
A certificate of attendance will be emailed to you after the course. The certificate can be used as part of any portfolio you are building as a record of your skills development.
An online course evaluation form will be sent to you after the course.